Job Title: Electrical Engineer/ Electrical Technologist
*** Bachelor's degree in Engineering required
*** Prior design experience in a manufacturing environment required
This position is to assist the Engineering Location and Manufacturing Facility as an onsite electrical design resource. A minimum of two year’s hands on experience with reading electrical schematics, wiring, testing, and troubleshooting industrial electrical systems along with utilizing computer based software to setup communications with instruments, setup parameters and download PLC programs is required. The ability to write PLC programs is a plus, but not a requirement for this position.
A working knowledge of industrial control design and manufacturing along with a minimum of two years of AutoCAD/AutoCAD Electrical experience is preferred.
Candidates must possess a Bachelors Level Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology for this position.
Candidates with SAP business system software knowledge is a plus.
The primary functions of this role will be to support both the site Engineering and the Manufacturing teams by:
• Designing electrical plans and specifying components for fuel fired combustion systems.
• Interacting with the Mechanical and Fabrication Engineering teams to ensure that the electrical control and electronic instrumentation is correct for the application.
• Performing full functional tests on electrical control panels that are designed and manufactured by this facility for customer orders, and documenting them.
• Loading parameter sets and programs into various devices and testing them before shipment.
• Working with multiple computer software platforms to load, modify and maintain bills of materials and engineering drawings.
• Being a point of contact for all questions, issues, and continuous improvement efforts that are electrical in nature for the engineering and manufacturing facility.
Approximate Time Allocations:
60% anticipation that this position will spend their time reviewing customer order applications, designing control systems, specifying components for systems.
30% anticipation that this position will spend their time developing engineering schematic plans, CAD layout drawings and bills of materials for customer orders. There will also be some general electrical project management duties that go along with these customer orders.
10% anticipation that this position will spend their time supporting other functional groups in the organization (Mechanical Engineering, Fabrication and Heat Recovery Engineering, Manufacturing plant). There may also be an occasional need to support customers and outside sales with engineering prewire designs and minor product technical support.
Position Specific Challenges:
• Having an aptitude to quickly learn combustion specific applications while also being innovative to solve issues that arise. There will be a learning curve for the candidate to walk for this equipment.
• Communication skills are paramount for this position. This person will be a liaison for Engineering to Manufacturing, Other Engineering Groups, and Customers. Expect to frequently attend meetings, work with others over the phone, and work face to face with shop floor personnel.
• Working efficiently within a shifting work environment. The facility has made a lot of recent changes, so processes and work flows are still “under construction” in the new environment.
• Dealing with time constraints and managing multiple projects. The Company environment demands the ability to switch between tasks while also juggling the priorities of those tasks to accomplish what is necessary in a given time frame.