This Engineering candidate will support, design and develop electrical hardware, control strategies and algorithms for internal testing requirements. They will support testing activities by offering electrical and control solutions for local and global testing. The candidate will be responsible for design, documentation, procurement, fabrication and implementation of electronic hardware solutions. The candidate will also be responsible for developing and calibrating measurement systems. Responsibility for installation and support of PC based control hardware/software on test stands locally and globally. Also, support calibration activities for testing and new product designs. Modify and create circuit designs and software to support new test stand system development.
The individual will work with other engineers and supervisors on developing test measurement and control requirements; using company and industry safety standard procedures. They will also work with technicians to assist in completing requested testing tasks. For training and development purposes, assignments may include some work that is typical of a higher-level position.
The individual may lead project teams and will be responsible for ensuring the team’s project achievements are completed on time. This engineer must be able to provide mentoring and direction as needed to enhance the capabilities of BorgWarner. The incumbent should possess a willingness and eagerness to undertake new and challenging work assignments and be able to find creative and mutually agreeable solutions to day to day resource and product issues.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Job Responsibilities:
- Work safely with low voltage and industrial level 3 phase voltage
- Support existing electrically motored test stands
- Develop test stand control and data acquisition systems
- Develop measurement systems
- Support on-site and global implementation of test stand systems
2. Project Management:
- Provides required inputs and tasks for development projects.
- Setting priorities and meeting customer driven timelines..
3. Internal Customer Relations:
- Respond to requests for electrical support in a timely manner.
- Assist in project reviews
- Work professionally with internal customers, engineers and technicians.
- Effectively communicate, verbally and written.
Safety and Health – Work in accordance with Company Electrical Safety Policy (NFPA 70E) and Industry Standard Practices. Responsible for completing required safety training, reporting and correcting any unsafe practices as appropriate, completing work activities in a safe manner, and complying with safety and health requirements for respective position.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications)
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology.
- 2 - 5+ years’ experience in Electrical Design and Fabrication.
- Experience in automotive powertrain and test stand control electronics and components required.
- Desired experience with NI LabVIEW, NI Multisim, DirectLOGIC PLC Programming, Matlab and INCA/CANape, systems.
- Experience with typical electronic lab and field instrumentation./ test hardware: oscilloscope, power supplies, multimeter, ammeter, function generator, etc.
Learning on the Fly
Drive for Results
It is the policy of BorgWarner to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants/employees regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, marital status or any other characteristics covered by federal, state or local law.
Internal Use Only: Salary
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the geographical area where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.