A local Auburn Hills, Michigan company who offer complete Engineering, Development and Installation of Turnkey Integrated Paint Finishing Systems and Industrial Pollution Control Systems are seeking a Direct Hire, Electrical Project Engineer.
We are seeking an Electrical Project Engineer with 5-7+ years of Paint Finishing experience and are able to manage the projects from concept to development. We are seeking an Electrical Project Engineer who is able to review Allen Bradley Plc’s and Electrical Hardware and make modifications and/or suggestions to controls contractors
Qualified Electrical Project Engineers will have the following skills:
- Review of customer specs; scopes & drawings for bid pack development.
- Request from mechanical group for air flow diagrams, P&ID’s, plan view, elevations, cross section layouts, lighting layouts.
- Work with mechanical group to assist them with control panel locations, lighting layouts & system layouts.
- Work with mechanical group for sequence of operation development.
- Request from customer for 480 VAC connection points (bus system, PDP’s, Substations). Control panel location layouts to be used in conjunction with electrical load summary.
- Provide load study and Arc Flash requirements if required, contract third party contractor to perform study if required by customer scope.
- Request from vendors for purchased systems electrical content (paint circ. systems, RTO’s, conveyors, automation, etc.).
- Development of controls, electrical, purchased equipment, field installation & commissioning schedule to be reviewed by project manager and implemented by scheduler.
- Develop or request PLC architecture from controls contractor for customer approval.
- Provide bid pack development, clarifications & purchase requisitions. Submit change order information as required.
- Work with vendors to incorporate wire numbers, schematics, etc. from the controls design to be integrated within their equipment (Example: gas train junction box wire numbers required from controls schematics to be provided to gas train manufacturer).
- Develop, track and provide support for customer buy-off criteria (equipment buy-off, 24 hour runs, punch list buy off)
- Review all HMI screen shots prior to customer approval.
- Assist controls contractor with engineering throughout project.
- Assist electrical contractor with installation coordination throughout project.
- Schedule control panel testing and inspection with controls contractor prior to panel shipment.
- Track controls contractor progress to project schedule (SOP development, drawing development, PE submittals, PLC program development, panel build & delivery, on site start-up/debug, etc.).
- Track electrical contractor progress to project schedule ( PE submittals, conduit/tray layout development, site mobilization, schedule updates to PM, etc.)
- Attend all project and customer meetings or review meeting minutes to address any issues noted.
- If required, provide site supervision for electrical installation, start-up/debug and any other related electrical disciplines.
- Develop, track and provide support for customer buy-off criteria (equipment buy-off, 24 hour runs, punch list buy off, etc.).
- Review and or submit electrical as-built drawings, PLC programs, lighting layouts and any other as-built requirements.
- Follow project from kick-off to closeout.
- Must be able to travel up to 20%-short trips.
- Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering-preferred.
The position is Full Time, Direct hire with a starting salary range based on experience and education from $80K-$118K to start, however negotiable for the right skills. We also offer excellent benefits including: Bonus, 401K Match up to 5%, Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Holidays, and Paid Vacation.
Should you be a Qualified ELECTRICAL PROJECT ENGINEER with PAINT FINISHING experience and are interested please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp