Phantom Technical Services, Central Ohio based Control Systems Integration firm, is seeking Technicians to join its staff.
The Technician position understands the Physics of electricity and how to handle it safely. The Technician installs, maintains and repairs electrical systems at industrial sites.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Control panel fabrication
- Control system installations
- Mechanical system installations
- Electrical installations (i.e. conduit)
- Construction, installation machinery troubleshooting, support and repair of any such equipment
- Tool room administration
- Facility maintenance
- Inventory assistance
- General shop assistance duties
- Facility maintenance duties
- Fleet assistance
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Perform administrative duties such as: maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Provide assistance during emergencies, as needed.
- Must perform work safely in compliance with industry standards.
- Any other duties, as requested, in support of business needs.
- Detail oriented.
- Must consistently demonstrate accurate analytical skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Skill to understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Must be able to follow instructions and comply with procedures/protocols.
- Must be able to deliver consistently high quality, accurate, timely work product.
- Dependable, reliable and trustworthy.
- Effective time management and documentation skills.
- Skill to install equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet applications.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints.
- Must be able to use mathematics in order to resolve problems pertaining to job function.
- Must have the ability to determine causes of operating errors and make accurate recommendations for correction.
- Must be able to maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures from ladders, scaffolds, roofs, et al.
- Must be able to use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Must have the ability to work with tools, such as: screwdrivers, pliers, conduit benders, wire strippers, knives, drills and saws.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, kneel, stoop, walk, climb, liftfor periods up to 12 hours a day.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds for extended durations and up to 50-75 pounds for short durations.
- Ability to work in customer facilities with noise levels at 85 decibels for period up to 12 hours a day (hearing protection provided) in climate controlled & non-climate controlled facilities (both indoor and outdoor).
- 1 – 2+ Years of experience in electrical.
- Fire Alarm License is a plus
- Conduit installation experience is a plus.
- Must be willing to travel (both day trips and overnight travel).
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, and overtime as requested based on business needs.
- Must provide own tools (designated tool list).
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Phantom Technical Services, Inc.
111 Outerbelt Street
Columbus, Ohio 43213
Qualified candidates should send resume to: