Helix Electric, Inc. is considered to be one of the most successful open-shop electrical contracting companies in the nation. Helix Electric has expertise with projects in virtually every field of electrical construction - design/build services, industrial and commercial developments as well as government, institutional, communications and utilities projects. Helix Electric possesses world-class technical experts who maintain vital, long-term relationships and a high level of credibility with general contractors, utility and power user customers we serve. We have a strong reputation and extensive network of customer relationships and h ave consistently provided new, cutting-edge product innovations.
To better support complex projects, Helix Electric has a need for electricians holding a valid State Electrician license and/or Electrical Trainee Card.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES & SCOPE:
- Manage complex electrical installations in a fast-paced and fast-production environment.
- Responsible for assembly, installation, maintenance and testing of electrical equipment and wiring systems in large multi family projects.
- Must be proficient in type NM (Romex) and/or MC wiring methods.
- Work from all type ladders (step ladders up to 14', "A" frame ladders and all size extension ladders and carry and relocate up to 12' step ladder by one's self.
- Employee's personal weight and personal tools cannot exceed weight limit of ladder (Class 1-250 lbs., Class 1A-300 lbs.).
- Wear personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses at all times), respirator when required.
- Must be able to commute up to two hours from home.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & REQUIREMENTS:
Job requires working in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain. Wear personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses at all times), respirator when required. Able to work 8 -10 hours per day, 40 hours per week, and overtime as required and night shifts. Includes crawling, standing, stooping, bending, crouching, kneeling, sitting, reaching, able to routinely lift heavy objects in excess of 50 pounds and pushing and pulling of objects is required. Repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers. Physical work is a primary part (more than 70%) of the job.
Helix Electric is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in our workforce. It is our policy to attract and retain the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or other qualifying veteran. Diverse employees/candidates are encouraged to respond. Helix Electric is committed to developing and maintaining a workplace which reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.