This position is responsible for the safe, reliable, and efficient installation, operation and maintenance of data/voice premise distribution systems and electrical distribution systems, and a variety of facility systems and components critical to servicing company internal and external customers. Respond to all site emergencies, implement industry and corporate standards into the workplace, and provide documentation for all data, voice and electrical systems.
- Perform an assortment of duties related to the design, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of building electrical systems, communication systems and equipment. Perform duties in a manner that maximizes efficiency, employee and environmental safety, and continuity of services to facility occupants.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs to a wide variety of systems and components.
- Complete an assortment of tasks and projects using technical blueprints and documents with minimal supervision.
- Conduct data/voice communications premise distribution and electrical performance testing and prepare documentation.
- Investigate and analyze data/electrical equipment and system problems. Provide recommendations and solutions to leadership.
- Assume a support role in response to all facility emergencies.
- Ensure proper application of safe work practices on the site and comply with all pertinent federal, state, local, MIOSHA and jurisdictional construction codes and standards are required.
- Maintain materials inventory and procure materials as required for stock replenishment and project support.
- Ensure safe and proper lockout of hazardous energy sources on all facility systems or equipment upon which work is to be performed while maintaining assigned equipment and spaces in optimum condition.
- Perform all above responsibilities at various facilities upon short notice; this may include overtime and overnight shift continuation.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Four (4) year’s experience in the following areas: Data /voice communications premise distribution cabling and equipment, power distribution system installation, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair, installing, maintaining and troubleshooting of motors and control circuits, and other facility system components.
- State of Michigan Journeyman electrical license is required.
- Valid and unrestricted driver’s license is required.
- Communications Installation or Technician certification is preferred.
- Knowledge of National and Local electrical codes and standards with pertinent occupational, health and safety codes and standards.
- Must be able to communicate well with customers, staff and employees.
- Must be capable of independently completing assigned tasks, training junior personnel and coordinate the work activity of others on the Data/Electrical team.
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.
- Must be able to travel to other facilities, in some cases requiring overnight stays.
- Must be available to work weekends and any shift required on short notice.
- Master Electrical License Prefered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other grounds, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.