Great opportunity for an electrician with industrial maintenance experience. Silgan Containers is deeply committed to quality of products and services and to its people. We are on the leading edge, out-in-front of the competition and invite seasoned professionals to explore unparalleled career opportunities with us. We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package, training, professional development programs, and a success growth path across multiple locations in the U.S.A.
Join the team that makes the packaging that most prestigious food companies rely on to safely deliver and protect foods’ nutrition and quality.
- Installing, troubleshooting, repairing, modifying, and performing preventative maintenance, etc. on all electrical units, controls, components, and related wiring with adherence to all safety regulations
- Moving and installing existing or new equipment and facilities
- Performing work requiring extensive knowledge of electrical schematics, including electronic theory and principles
- Maintaining inventory of electrical parts and motors, advising management of purchasing requirements
- Operating mobile equipment, including forklift trucks, lifts, and booms to assist with all production work
This position requires the following skills and experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent with a trade school certification preferred and a minimum of three years experience as an electrician in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, schematics and drawings, handbooks, specifications, equipment manuals, parts lists and other written materials
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools, electrical test equipment and related tools and instruments necessary to perform the job
- Demonstrated knowledge of Allen Bradley systems, VFD's, PLC's hardware and software, AC/DC circuits, 4-20 mA circuits and 440 MCC's
- Good trouble shooting skills, ability to diagnose and complete repairs in emergencies
- Ability to take direction as well as be self-motivated and work alone under high-pressure situations
- Flexible to work rotating 8-hour shifts (days or nights), including weekends and overtime as needed
- Physical ability to push, pull, bend, stoop, kneel, climb, walk, and lift up to 50 pounds, including working in confined spaces
Starting pay is $30.79 per hour with an additional night shift differential.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Silgan Containers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan Containers is a drug-free workplace.
Click Here To Apply