Encore Wire began its legacy in 1989, as a 68,000 square foot industrial warehouse building in McKinney, Texas. With support and dedication from our employees, our customers and our community, we have grown to over 2 million square feet under roof and stretch across 425 acres. Today, Encore Wire is a leading manufacturer of cooper and aluminum residential, commercial and industrial building wire.
Encore Wire’s reputation for being a leader in the wire manufacturing industry is dependent on the people we hire. The right fit, the right experience, and the right attitude in our employees have been crucial to our success as a company. We believe that employees are more than “a number” and we value all the contributions that employees can bring to the table to make us a better, stronger company.
Encore Wire is currently looking for an Electrician.
Electrician Job Functions
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment including but not limited to programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gauges and test equipment
- Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment
- Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements
- Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program or the equivalent in a technical field is required.
- 3-5 years of proven experience in the electrical/electronics, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic fields and the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas
- A thorough knowledge of electrical/ electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work
- Exposed to high voltage electricity
- Ability to push, pull, or lift heavy objects and/or machine parts with or without assistance
- Job Type: Full-time
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Health Care On Site
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Prescription Drug Coverage