Job ID: 141488
Safety, Integrity, Quality are the foundation or core values on which Tilcon New York Inc., a CRH company operates. Located in New York and New Jersey, Tilcon New York Inc. is an integrated materials company with multiple quarry locations, water terminals, heavy highway construction division, asphalt and recycle plants. Tilcon manufactures sells and ships, made in the USA, products of crushed stone, asphalt, sand, gravel and recycled materials throughout New York, New Jersey, and some areas of Pennsylvania. Growth opportunity, professional development and a culture of support and resources are provided to each employee for their personal growth and success within Tilcon New York Inc., and CRH.
Will work in all areas of Operations (Quarry, Asphalt, and Recycle) where there are large amounts of MCC’s (Motor Control Centers), Three Phase Motor’s, and PLC (Programmable Logic Center’s). Responsible for the maintenance, troubleshoot and repair of plant in a safe and timely manner to maximize plant productivity. This position is for the 2nd shift at the Mt. Hope Quarry. You may be required to be available to travel to all New Jersey site locations, respond to unexpected emergency requests and work multiple shifts and/or overtime.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Inspect work area and complete Work Area Inspection forms daily.
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain electrical distribution systems including electric motors and electric controls.
- Run conduit and wires.
- Change motors, starters, relays, etc.
- Maintain appropriate service and repair records.
- Respond to routine and emergency calls for repairs and service.
- Perform housekeeping as deemed appropriate by Foreperson and/or Manager.
- May be called upon at discretion of the Foreperson and/or Manager to perform any other duties assigned and to assist other departments as necessary.
- Maintain and demonstrate a clear understanding of OMG and Tilcon’s values – Safety, Integrity & Quality.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform all duties safely.
- Wears a hardhat, safety glasses, steel-toed footwear, gloves, hearing protection and respirator as needed.
- Learn and implement MSHA standards and regulations to insure a safe operating environment is maintained at all times
- Report any safety concerns to the foreperson immediately
- Needs to be familiar with NEC ( National Electrical Code) and the NFPA 70 E
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High School or GED
- Knowledge of electrical theory and methods, materials, tools, equipment and systems used in the electrical trade.
- Basic mechanical skills needed
- Knowledge of single and three phase motors.
- Must be capable of working with voltages from millivolts to 600 volts single and three phase.
- Must be able to understand and interpret electrical drawings and blueprints.
- Must possess the ability to properly splice and install wires
- Must be able to operate manlift and work from occasional heights.
- Must be able to use volt meters, continuity meters and megger meters.
- Must be able to identify areas of containment
- Able to perform all duties without a direct threat of injury to the individual or others
- Ability to operate assigned equipment safely and efficiently
- Demonstrates safe, productive job performance
- Ability to work with minimal direction and initiate problem solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively with and work well with other personnel
- Ability to carry out simple oral and written instructions and deal with simple problems
- Ability to read English or Spanish
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Climb (Ladder or Stairs)
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move
• 0 – 10 lbs
• 10 – 25 lbs
• 25 – 50 lbs
• 50 – 100 lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
• Exposed to noise
• Moving Equipment
• Work with others
• Hot weather
• Cold weather
• Wet weather
• Exposed to high heat
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Tilcon New York Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.