Performs maintenance, repairs and improvements on all electrical systems, equipment and to optimize plant performance and safety. Safely installing, maintaining and troubleshooting electrical systems, components of
machinery and equipment in an industrial setting. Provides preventative and predictive maintenance of electrical distribution system and conduct daily rounds and readings. Communicates with departments and outside vendors to optimize the plant’s electrical systems. Interprets drawings, schematics, blueprints, specifications, ordinances related to the plant’s equipment and systems.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide preventive and predictive maintenance of the electrical distribution system
- Interpret drawings, schematics, blueprints, specifications, codes, ordinances and other documentation of equipment and systems within the plant
- Continuously evaluate and analyze electrical quality and safety processes and procedures
- Proactively communicate with departments and outside vendors to ensure proper operation and maintenance of systems and equipment
- Model, implement and comply with company work and safety rules and related industry regulations
- Safely install, maintain and troubleshoot electrical systems including components of machinery and equipment
- Utilize PLC knowledge/troubleshooting skills to assist in designing and repairing electrical systems
- Identify new approaches or best known methods to foster our continuous improvement mentality
Required Skills and Abilities
- Personal and total commitment to observe all safety rules and regulations, to include ability to wear all required PPE
- Ability to work in varied temperatures, dust and noisy conditions while wearing safety equipment
- A minimum of 5 years electrician maintenance experience with an Oregon (or reciprocal state) Electrician License (or ability to obtain one within 6 months) - open to LME or any Journeyman licenses
- Proven experience or expertise in the following technical areas: Temposonic linear positions / Schematics, understanding and troubleshooting / Computer skills, experience with preventive maintenance software preferred
- Understanding of PLC’s with ability to troubleshoot (preferred)
- Electrical maintenance experience with MCC’s, VFD’s, conveying and hydraulic systems.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, schematics, blueprints, specifications, codes, ordinances and other documentation of equipment and systems
- Strong understanding of codes and ordinances
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player and highly self-motivated individual
- Establish and maintain working relationships with internal and external business partners
- Experienced in implementing safety procedures in the workplace
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, which permits the employee to discern verbal instructions and communicate effectively with the public and other employees on the telephone and in person
- Sufficient visual acuity, which permits the employee to comprehend written instructions and review, evaluate, and prepare a variety of written/typed documents and materials
- Sufficient manual dexterity, which permits the employee to operate computer equipment and other job related power equipment and heavy machinery.
- Sufficient personal mobility, flexibility, and agility, which permits the employee to lift a minimum of 50 pounds to shoulder level and exhibit the dexterity to work in awkward positions, Sit, stand, bend, climb, push, pull, and work in an variety of indoor and outdoor environments with potential hazards and uneven surfaces for 10 hour shifts.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Oregon (Idaho or reciprocal state) Electrician license; Journeyman, LME or PJ-LTD (Manufacturing Plant Journeyman)
- Has experience as an electrician in a manufacturing or production setting; minimum of five years’ experience, including training.
As an equal employment opportunity company, we value the diversity of individuals, ideas, perspectives, insights and values, and what they bring to the workplace. Applications are welcome from all qualified candidates. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.