Here at Northrop Grumman we developed the B-2 Bomber, Global Hawk surveillance system, James Webb Space Telescope, and dozens of other leading edge systems. Just imagine what we're working on now!
The Palmdale Lab Operations, Engineering and Test Department is looking for passionate and dedicated Electronic Technician to join our Palmdale, CA team. As an Electronic Technician you'll be responsible for all technician work performed with our labs. You must be knowledgeable of all lab segments and how they are integrated and also be capable of maintaining, repairing, troubleshooting and servicing all lab segments to support the System Test Integrated Process Team. This also includes security, safety, tool control, ESD, and general housekeeping of the lab. Additionally, you must be proficient in high reliability soldering, wiring repairs, connector repairs, system troubleshooting support, facilities electrical system integration, support for lab cooling systems, control panel modification, power distribution circuit maintenance, property storage and management actions, facilities maintenance support, and asset labeling to support configuration management. Are you ready for a new challenge and interested in supporting the future of technology at Northrop Grumman? If yes, then this position is for you.
This position will require occasionally shift work and overtime.
- Associate's Degree and 3 years of experience working as a Technician, Test Conductor or Engineer or 7 years of experience in lieu of a degree
- Experience with reading drawings and executing them per direction.
- Experience with creating cabling and wire harness.
- Active In-Scope (reviewed in the last 6 years) Department of Defense Top Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain program access.
- Experience in working with engineers.
- Previous experience in running an electrical shop room.
- Previous experience reporting status to engineering, management and program leadership.
- Basic knowledge of at least one of the following: MIL-STD-1553b, IEE-1394 or ARINC-429.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.