Seeking an Embedded Firmware Engineer to join an Research/Think Tank developing ground-breaking devices (concepts to production).
You will join a team of electrical, computer engineering, signal processing, machine learning, computer vision, visual design, interaction design, industrial design, optics, physics experts.
You will create products that will impact the lives of millions, and we believe that the first step on the path is to show real prototypes.
- Responsible for Firmware architecture and design of new concepts and technologies.
- Have ownership of system design and firmware on hardware prototype projects and development platforms.
- Collaborate in a team environment across engineering disciplines.
- Experiment with and implement interfaces to various sensors.
- Develop USB HID based interfaces and bootloaders.
- Write programs and scripts as necessary to test embedded systems
- Work closely with various core tech teams and other organizations to define prototyping scope and applications towards various technology roadmaps and product
Must Have skillsets.
- 4+ years of experience with driver and board-level system software development.
- Experience with board bring up and systems debugging.
- Experience in solving non-trivial embedded problems under time pressure.
- Experience with ARM based processors and micro-controllers and various communications protocols such as I2C, UART, SPI, USB, MIPI, I2S, etc.
- Familiarity with debugging tools such as bus analyzers and oscilloscopes.
- Experience with protocol design, specification, and implementation.
- Experience with system software on embedded devices.
- Experience with cameras and optical systems.
- Experience with Android/Linux system software a plus.
Location: Mountain View, Ca
Type: Full time