At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nationâ€™s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, theyâ€™re making history.
Northrop Grummanâ€™s Aerospace Sector, Military & Civil Space Systems Division, Azusa CA, is in need of an Embedded Software Engineer to work with an outstanding team in support of the SBIRS program and/or next generation sensors.
The candidate will be required to perform software development and maintenance of flight software which performs satellite payload on-orbit missions. As an overall Software Engineer, the candidate will act as an expert in technical discussions on key technological decisions involving the flight software and payload on-orbit missions. Additionally, troubleshoot any anomalies found with the flight software. Good presentation and writing skills are also essential. Long term tasking includes developing an in depth knowledge of the SBIRS system to gain core competency to fully support the operations for on-orbit missions.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering orMathematics)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with embedded software design, development and implementation
- Strong real-time programming skills with C or C++ programming languages
- Active DoD Secret Clearance must be held and maintained. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Master's Degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics)
- Experience with Ada programming language
- Experience with Perl or Python programming language
- Experience with assembly programming language
- Experience with VxWorks
- Experience with as a technical lead in an Integrated Product Team environment
- Experience with IBM Rational Rhapsody software design and modeling tools
- Experience with Spacecraft-to-Payload software interface
- Experience with Ground-to-Space software interface
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance with SCI Access
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.