- This position is responsible for the development of embedded software for variable speed drive products within our Client's leading engineering Building Efficiency business.
- Functioning as a team member in coding, testing, debugging and modifying embedded drive software to ensure conformance to design specifications and the Company Software Development Processes;
- Participating in the development of software requirements specifications, design documents, and software functional specifications;
- Supporting a philosophy of cooperation within the software team;
- Participating in software design and code reviews/inspections;
- Assisting in the preparation and maintenance of project schedules and budgets;
- Provide support for process improvement initiatives with team.
- Documenting and archiving software program releases in accordance with the Software Development Process;
- This person must have exceptionally good software design and programming skills in C/C++.
- Must have a working knowledge of real-time design and embedded operating systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, along with the proven ability to interact with other engineering disciplines are a must.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering/Electrical Engineering or closely related engineering discipline with at least 3 years of software engineering experience.
- Experience developing software for Digital Signal Processors (DSP) and applying associated DSP techniques to support motor control applications preferred.
- A background in LabVIEW and/or MATLAB / Simulink is desired, but not necessary.
- A Master's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- The position duration is expected to be 18 months.
- This position will be considered for contract to permanent opportunities as they become available; employment visa sponsorship, now or in the future, is not available for this position.
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Rahul at 630-580-0309 for additional information.
Approx. Duration: 12 months
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
As the staffing industry evolves, Hired by Matrix continues to develop and grow. By combining our expertise with a keen understanding of each client's needs we are able to source for the most qualified candidates. Our commitment to servicing our clients corresponds with our commitment to finding the perfect match between our clients and candidates and maintaining our relationships long term.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center: http://bit.ly/HbMCareers