Our client in need of an Engineer to support and develop embedded software and firmware.
Position Scope/Job Functions
Demanding real-time embedded applications including interrupt-driven task-based multi-threaded software for physical control running on a real-time operating system (RTOS) such as real-time Linux for a high-reliability application such as a space-based or aerospace system.
Responsibilities involve working closely with a small team to define the software architecture and requirements based on high-level system requirements and the entire design, implementation, and test of the real-time software running in and controlling the hardware.
Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work in a team-oriented environment.
Hands-on real-world experience with the following is required:
- Architecting, benchmarking, designing, and programming software for physical motion control in C or C++ and/or Python programming languages for a hard real-time (time-deterministic, interrupt-driven, task-based, multi-threaded) environment using an RTOS such as real-time Linux, VxWorks, or Xenomai.
- Integration and testing in a laboratory setting of all of the above.
NOTE: The focus of this requirement is hard real time software design through hands-on testing. A candidate with ONLY FPGA experience or only telecommunication/networking will NOT meet our needs.
Desirable but NOT the primary focus of the requirement is:
- Firmware programing using VHDL or Verilog
- Digital design and schematic capture using Mentor Graphics tools
- Analog or power circuit design
- Familiarity with all types of laboratory instrumentation, including oscilloscopes, function generators, meters, logic analyzers, and frequency counters
Please note that significant experience in RF, networking/telecom, FPGA, and LabVIEW is specifically NOT what this requisition is for. Please do NOT send resumes with only these skill-sets or with these as the primary skill-set for this request. Please feel free to discuss these requirements prior to sending resumes.
Education/Professional Certifications/Substituting Off-Set
MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with 3 years of experience (or BS with 5 years of experience) in demanding real-time embedded applications including interrupt-driven task-based multi-threaded software for physical control running on a real-time operating system (RTOS) such as real-time Linux for a high-reliability application such as a space-based or aerospace system.