Emphasis for this position is to be customer facing for the off-load of Embedded Software Engineering services to Butler's engineering team while leading the engineering effort.
Experienced in developing software for large-scale applications, starting with requirement definitions, to architect and design object-oriented class relationships, through software implementation and test, to formal software qualification.
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Active Secret Clearance (or investigated in past 5 years) a plus
- Embedded software development experience, includes all phases of software development life cycle;
- S/W unit testing
- S/W to S/W integration and S/W to H/W integration on target platform.
- Developing software systems from requirements (new systems)
- Maintaining (bug fixes) and extending existing code baselines.
- Specializing in embedded real-time software development for controls applications using C++/C
- Experience with digital simulations that incorporate the embedded flight control algorithms.
- Experienced in developing C++ applications using object-oriented design and development methodologies
- SEI CMM/CMMI certification experience.
- Experience with:
- Military avionics applications
- Flight control guidance
- Navigation and control systems
- Air launched weapon systems
- Radar systems
- Signal processing software for infrared imaging and radar systems
- Various sized software programs for complex safety and mission critical systems
- DSPs, PowerPCs
- Source level debuggers
- Real time, non-real time 6DOF simulation environments
- Bus analyzers
- White box/black box and integration level test tools
- Source code management tools
- Requirements managements tools
- Software change management/tracking tools
- Peer and customer review process
- Avionics data bus standard
- Military/government applications and industry standards
- Coding standards(MISRA C/C++)
- Various assembly languages
- Test set up + Verification and Validation
- Model-based design and development
- Agile software development processes
LEADERSHIP QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in a lead role for a minimum of years
- Experience training Embedded Software Technology at group or individual level
- Experience training software test set up and verification and validation
- Experience building a team from scratch
- Experience interfacing with client at Subject Matter Expert level
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience executing full life cycle of software development
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong client interface and diplomacy skills
- Secret Clearance or investigated in the past five years a plus
- US citizenship required. (No permanent residence or foreign nationals)
- C/C++, Ada 83/95, Fortran, scripting languages(Perl, Python), Boost C++ libraries, C++ STL, UML tools(Artisan, Rose, Visio, Understand For C++), hardware in the loop testing, processor in the loop testing, single/multi-threaded environments using single or multiple processors.
EDUCATION / Yrs of Experience
Master of Science Degree preferred
Bachelor of Science Degree from accredited University and in applicable degree program
Minimum 10 yrs Experience