Excellent opportunity in a growing emergency medicine and acute care health care provider practice, Emergency Physicians Professional Association (EPPA) for a full-time HR Employee Relations Specialist located in Bloomington, MN. This position is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional and advanced relations-support level and acts as a key member of the HR team. The position is responsible for providing support services and driving key HR initiatives throughout the organization. The main position focuses of the position are, but not inclusive to: 1) Recruitment and Retention, 2) Compensation, 3) Leave Management, and 4) Employee Relations and Benefits.
Competitive salary and benefit package offered to include, health, dental, life, long-term disability and long-term care insurance, 401(k).
Learn more about EPPA at www.eppahealth.com
Key Result Areas: The primary responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Provide HR support to identify opportunities for HR solutions to be implemented.
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of personnel policies, handbook revisions and distribution.
- Maintain compliance with legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Provide coaching on a variety of Human Resources related topics to all levels of organization with focus on employee relations.
- May act as subject matter expert for ensuring compliance with items such as FMLA, ADA, COBRA, EEO-1 reporting, equal employment opportunities, I-9 compliance, drug testing program, federal and state law requirements.
- Support the administration of benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Actively participate in talent management cycle to include coordination and assistance in the following support activities: job posting, review resume, interview and reference check, position offer, on-boarding and exit process.
- Serve as departmental resource on human resource policies and processes; administer departmental protocols and best practices, ensuring that department rules, policies, practices and programs meet legal/regulatory standards and are in compliance with EPPA policies, recommend new policies or changes to existing policies.
- Actively participate in analyzing job duties and create job descriptions.
- Create, establish and maintain reward and recognition program.
- Work effectively as a HR team member to collaborate and support department, projects and all management.
- Perform other HR support duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years HR experience.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of compensation and compliance experience.
- Knowledge of applicable State and Federal employment law.
- Experience in healthcare environment, a plus.
- SHRM or PHR Certified Professional certification, a plus.
- Business Acumen
- Ethical Practice
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- HR Expertise
- Leadership & Navigation
- Relationship Management
Direct Reports: This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor.
Equipment/Software/Systems Used: Frequently used equipment may include, but is not limited to:
- General office equipment: Personal Computer, Printer, copier, fax and calculator.
- Software: Microsoft Office Suite, ADP, other third party software and Internet
Working Conditions: The typical employee workweek is Monday – Friday. The work environment and physical demands of the positions as described below is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of a position in this office staff category. These physical standards are generic in nature and tasks may vary dependent on assignment. While performing the duties of this position the employee is subject to constant interruption and is in direct contact with employees. The noise level in an office environment is usually quiet.
Physical Demands: The physical demands of these positions include the ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time. This position require some walking as well as bending and reaching at, below and above shoulder level. Lifting, pushing or pulling of objects generally not exceeding twenty pounds may also be required. Repetitive use of fingers and hands to operate a keyboard and other office equipment is necessary, as is hearing and speaking ability sufficient to provide information via phone and personal contact.
The information contained in this physical standards description is for compliance with ADA and is not an exhaustive list of duties performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of a specific position. The individuals currently holding this position perform additional duties and additional duties may be assigned.
- Positively and effectively interact with diverse individuals to accomplish common goal. Gain the cooperation of others in sensitive, emotional or hostile situations.
- Maintain confidentiality of critical records and information.
- Development of new or improved operational practices.
- Effective and persuasive communication, both verbally and in writing; promote the plans and programs of the Human Resources to managers and employees.
- Interpret directives and use initiative and professional judgment in applying directives to the work at hand; meet schedules and time lines.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of the position and people in the position.
EPPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.