Enterprise Fleet Management Information Technology (EFMIT) provides streamlined and effective solutions to serve our growing operation. We offer solid architectural platforms with a strategic focus that clearly align to business growth and improving the customer experience. The Fleet Management systems, including EDGE, Fleet Commissions, Fleet Web and Autodata, are web based applications built using J2EE technology and are integrated with our PeopleSoft financials system as well as our Oracle BI data warehouse.
Being a member of EFMIT offers all the advantages of a smaller shop including the opportunity to shape a more progressive architecture. Professionals who effectively navigate change and readily wear many hats will find this an opportunity to maximize skill diversity and build broad IT experience.
We are seeking an ambitious and talented career-minded professional who would like to experience new opportunities and enhance their current interpersonal and technical skill set while working in a collaborative environment.
EFMIT has an opportunity for a Software Engineer 3 that will work on various web applications catering to leasing of vehicles and associated services. As a key leader within our development team, you will be involved in all aspects of the solution from UI, middle tier and the backend database. We will rely on your leadership, innovative problem solving and demonstrated software development skills using a variety of Open Source and Enterprise level technologies. You will be part of a team responsible for all phases of an agile-like software development lifecycle.
As an Engineer 3 you will design, develop and modify many different elements of technology. You will be required to understand advanced methods, theories and research techniques that establish ongoing direction and implementation of the technology vision and strategy. As an Engineer 3, we will be looking to you as a subject matter expert in multiple areas of technology that will represent your team in a positive manner within and outside of your department. You will be leading implementations and providing viable recommendations for implementing new solutions. You will be providing instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments; ensuring deadlines are met. Daily activities will include collaborating with Architects and recommending adjustments to the architecture to improve the overall quality and integration. You will also be required to monitor key performance metrics to ensure compliance of established standards, processes, and procedures.
You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology's effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
- Individual contributor performing both application design and coding
- Consistently analyze, translate, re-factor, and code software applications per specifications
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving complex software application problems within our SOA environment
- Develop and maintain automated unit tests that improves software quality
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Coach and mentor less experienced engineers
- Review, analyze and implement business requirements on assigned projects
- Define, develop, communicate and implement standards, processes and procedures for the department
- Identify issues and escalate risks to project leadership, as necessary
- Analyze and review software requirements to determine feasibility of a design within time and cost restraints
- Use system traces and debugging tools for problem determination and system tuning
- Maintain documentation on application modifications and updates
- Lead migration of applications to quality assurance and/or production environment
- Maintain established service level agreements to meet customer expectations and quality standards
- Participate in support activities and on-call rotation
- Participate in IT security and compliance remediation activities
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Available to work in the St. Louis office
- Must have at least 5 years' experience in Java-based software development
- 3+ years of experience creating and implementing SQL
- 2+ years of experience using frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate
- Proficient knowledge of Java & J2EE (including JSP, EJB, JDBC, SQL, XML, HTML and associated technologies) and the use of those technologies in n-tier development environments
- Proficient knowledge is also expected in object-oriented application development principles, theories, and concepts using J2EE specific design patterns and usage
- Experience with unit testing
- Experience with build scripts (Ant and Gradle are a plus).
- Solid knowledge of Oracle database environment
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office desktop applications software
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Experience with the Mulesoft Mule ESB is a plus
- Experience with an Agile development process
- Experience with the Atlassian Toolset is a plus
- Working experience with front end tools such as JQUERY and AngularJS
- Experience working with AWS
- Experience in WebLogic and Tomcat
- Experience in Unix operating systems
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Military Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Employee Events
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Medical, Dental and Vision