At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking an Electromechanical Engineer 2 to join our team of creative and diverse engineers. The position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
Northrop Grumman is looking for an Electromechanical Engineer 2 to join the Electronics and Payloads' Product Engineering Department. The Product Engineering Department is an organization of ~100 engineers that performs advanced electronic packaging development in support of a variety of products destined for space and air programs. The responsibilities include mechanical design & analysis using computer-aided design (CAD), conducting packaging trades, tolerance and interference analyses, generating drawing packages & associated electronic data, and supporting the fabrication, assembly and test of the hardware.
Additional responsibilities include:
Additional responsibilities include:
Applies electrical, electronic and mechanical principles to components and systems, including assembly, analysis, and documentation of results; construction of developmental assemblies, sub-assemblies and components; and quality testing. Supports and participates in the design, test, modification, fabrication and assembly of prototype electromechanical systems.
Electronics and Payloads
Unique ID: elepay
- A Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline and 2 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD SCI clearance
- Mechanical design or manufacturing experience in an aerospace environment
- Demonstrated technical skills with experience supporting a team of over 5 employees
- U.S. citizenPreferred Qualifications:
- A Master's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Experience with electronic packaging / mechanical design for airborne & space applications
- Experience working with different partners across organizations and programs
- Electronics design development and sustaining experience spanning cradle to grave
- Experience with PTC Creo / Intralink and Enovia software applications
- Experience or knowledge of analytical / FEM SW tools
- Experience supporting bid & proposal activities
- Proficiency with electrical design, electronics manufacturing processes and qualification activities
- Familiarity with research and development of advanced packaging technologies
- Active DoD Secret or Top Secret, and/or SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.