Perform engineering services for the ongoing compliance with environmental rules and regulations. Ensure that all control, monitoring, record keeping, and reporting requirements related to the area of responsibility are satisfied. Engineer will work to execute routine projects and sometimes complex technical assignments to ensure safety, reliability and integrity.
- Maintains internal relationships with refinery personnel and establishes external relationships with regulatory representatives.
- Interact with agencies, consulting firms, and contractors as a Project Manager for various source tests and analyzer validations.
- Ensure compliance by developing and/or implementing compliance systems and tools.
- Air monitoring and reporting for Continuous Emissions Monitoring (CEMS), Green House Gas (GHG), Emissions Inventory, and SARA Tier III, familiarity with Federal Electronic Reporting Software including CROMERR, e-GGRT, ERT, and CAMD.
- Participate in regulatory review of new regulations developing facility impact assessments.
- Act as key team member for a new EHS Management Systems. Monitors and ensures key dates and/or milestones are achieved.
- Research projects and make evaluations with limited assistance
- Apply economic evaluations to increase profit potential and reduce costs of a project.
- Fulfill assignments with attention to detail by identifying issues and creating solutions.
- Respond quickly and accurately to complaints and concerns.
- Issue regularly scheduled reports.
- Support incident investigations.
- Conduct complex assignments under guidance of more experienced Engineers.
- Provide technical support to routine maintenance and area business teams.
- Support Process Safety Management Programs.
- Participate in rotational on-call assignment as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental or Chemical Engineering or similar field of study.
- 3-8 years relevant job experience in the petroleum refining or heavy petrochemical industry required.
- Knowledge of refinery processing units is preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and various other software applications required.
(MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETS/DISABLED/LGBT) (EOE) (AA)