Location: Saint Louis, MO 63143
POSITION OVERVIEWPerform the duties required for application of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields. Make independent decisions on engineering problems using methods, advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precepts, and practices of own field and related sciences and disciplines. The knowledge and expertise required for this level of work usually results from a university education combined with progressive experience. Supervision and guidance is frequent related to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, policy matters, and unusual problems or developments. FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Electrical Emphasis Position
- As a researcher or worker, carry out assignments, as directed, requiring the application of existing techniques, procedures, and scientific methods typical to the related field.
- Use project management techniques suitable for producing products or processes in a timely fashion.
- Independently solve technical problems analytically or empirically.
- Review the work of drafting or engineering records as it relates to a specific project.
- Technically assist other departments, affiliates, and customers in a support role when appropriate including support in the troubleshooting and development of honing applications.
Mechanical Emphasis Position
- As appropriate, provide troubleshooting of programmed devices with guidance from senior level advisement.
- As appropriate, design, layout, assemble and test electrical control panels and wiring for machine and automation systems, may also provide guidance to others in assembly work.
- Follow regulatory standards in the design of compliant electrical systems.
Material Emphasis Position
- As directed, design small mechanical systems or modify designs to improve product value with guidance from senior level advisement.
- As appropriate, create mechanical components, assemblies, and diagrams using 3-D solid modeling or 2-D CAD software.
- Follow regulatory standards in the design of compliant mechanical systems.
MARGINAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- As appropriate, support Product Management, Sales, Manufacturing, and Process Engineering functions for the company's abrasive and coolant product lines with guidance from senior level advisement.
- Following company protocols, as appropriate, create mechanical components, assemblies, and diagrams using 3-D solid modeling or 2-D CAD software
- Follow regulatory standards in the design of compliant products and mfg processes
- Assist in material selections across a wide array of product lines
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTSEducation:Requires broad knowledge of an engineering discipline equivalent to a Bachelor's degree. Experience:No experience required to qualify for the position. Expect a minimum of one to three years to become proficient in the requirements of the position. Skills and Abilitieswhich may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position:
- Complete Basic Training tasks to:
- Become familiar with all company policies and standards
- Gain Proficiency in the use of company IT systems
- Gain basic knowledge of the honing process, application and troubleshooting
- Gain basic knowledge to understand structure and practices for all company departments with which the position is expected to interact
- Apply principles of logical thinking to define problem, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Ability to effectively work and interact with others.