Start your future with a new mission; Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
We're a team of entry level and experienced professionals, collaborating to achieve our goals. On the Mission Systems Sector team you'll join experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. Together, we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is work that makes a difference. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seekingTwo Manufacturing Engineer's 2. This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in Huntsville, AL.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Manufacturing Organization. The selected candidate will work in a people-focused environment where he/she will interact with users, customers, and other developers.
Roles and Responsibilities
Assignments may include:
* Designs manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling.
* Designs sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
* Assist with the training of new personnel and participate in the design of operator training materials.
* Monitor process yields and cost, recommend and implement quality improvements based on these metrics.
* Work with production as well as new developmental designs simultaneously.
* Ensure that all defects are analyzed through to root cause, corrective actions are implemented and sustained, and ensure compliance to the periodic test requirements.
* Review designs, develop tooling concepts, and create applicable detailed work instructions and manufacturing procedures.
* Document state-of-the-art process capabilities and guidelines for product designers.
* Prepare / assist with manufacturing proposals and estimates for new major programs or major change activity.regulations.
2 Years applicable Manufacturing experience with Bachelors in Science Stem degree such as Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering; 0 Years experience with Masters degree.
Experience with Designing manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling.
Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite).
Three years applicable experience.
Experience in working in an autonomous work environment on complex projects
Experience in working on business or engineering full life-cycle projects from project inception through launch.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.