At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineer, 2 to join our Supplier Manufacturing Engineering team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
Supplier Manufacturing Engineering is responsible for supply base technical management related to the acquisition of internal Programs hardware needs. This position requires a motivated self-starter with a manufacturing background in military aircraft composite or machine part fabrication and has excellent interpersonal skills to respond to program customer product needs and concerns. The candidate will be involved with resolving supplier production questions, tooling needs and will thrive in a small, high performance team environment. Candidate must have a demonstrated ability to multi-task and communicate effectively with varying levels of program customers and functional organization leadership.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to: Provide a technical interface between Program IPT's and Suppliers. Provide expertise to resolve supplier technical questions and issues related to production hardware or tooling topics. Ensure producibility and affordability of designs and manufacturing systems in support of engineering and production teams. Perform technical evaluations (assess needs and costs) of supplier's proposals for parts, assemblies and/or tooling for Buyers. Manage work transfer to and standup of suppliers to produce NGAS designs. Perform and manage onsite Supplier capability/capacity assessments and Production Readiness Reviews.
Travel required (up to 10%)
- Bachelors of Science in a STEM (Science,Technology, Engineering, Math) degree, with2 years of experience in an aerospace or military aviation Manufacturing Engineering role
- Have an Active DoD Secret Clearance that has been granted / renewed within the past 6 years
- Have the ability to obtain and maintain a Special Access Program (SAP/SAR) clearance
- Prior Supplier Technical Management experience with manufacturing of military hardware
- Experience with Siemens NX tools and ManufacturingExecution System (MES)
- Experience using SAP,Windows software packages and other electronic databases
- Knowledge of military requirements/standards
- Knowledge of FAR & DFAR requirements
- Active DoD Top Secret with an up to date SSBI or SAP/SAR access clearance