Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a talented Quality Engineer to join our team in Linthicum, MD.
The Quality Engineer develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing incoming supplier material. Collaborates with suppliers, purchasing, engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place. Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the conformance of purchased material. Designs and analyzes inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment, conducts quality assurance tests, and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications. Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction. Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements. May specialize in the areas of design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality. May be certified in lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree in a related STEM field.
- Five (5)+ years of relevant experience (3+ years with a Master's degree).
- Abilityto coordinate vendor material for disposition across all programs and all commodities while being committed to customer service and the Quality principles of control and management of non-conforming material.
- Abilityto provide daily engineering support to management, receiving inspection and inventory activities.
- Abilityto develop and maintain Command Media and process improvement activities, as well as perform audits.
- Experience withSAP reporting and transaction knowledge and Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance (US Citizenship required).
- Knowledge of Advanced Quality Concepts, such as Green Belt Training and customer service and process improvement knowledge preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.