Founded in 1906, over the last 110+ years' CEMEX has grown into a global building materials company that provides high quality products and reliable service to customers and communities throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. Here at CEMEX we offer our employees competitive wages, career growth, excellent benefits including health, dental & vision plans, vacation or paid time off, employee assistance program and retirement plan options, along with over a century of stability to build your next career on! To learn more about our company culture and why you should join us, visit us at www.cemexusa.com/careers. For direct access to CEMEX Career Opportunities, visit us at https://jobs.cemex.com/.
The overall objective of the Reliability & Projects Engineer is to ensure safe and reliable operation of production facilities at the lowest life cycle cost and develop cost effective projects that will increase the plants productivity. The Reliability & Projects Engineer will be responsible for the identification, development, and implementation of innovative solutions to electrical/instrumentation/automation/networking reliability issues and projects for multiple facilities. This person will be expected to work independently and make technical decisions and recommendations based on collection and analysis of data and information and analysis of cost, risk and benefits
- Maintain safety as a top priority and assures that everyday activities meet all requirements, standard safety procedures, hazards assessments, work permits, etc
- Analyze data and information from multiple sources to identify, recommend and justify life-cycle cost and reliability improvement activities
- Assist in engineering, design, specification, assessment and technical support of electrical, instrumentation, automation, networking and Cybersecurity equipment, and assets
- Assist in or Manage execution and commissioning of expense/capital projects or initiatives for electrical, instrumentation, automation, networking, and Cybersecurity reliability improvement in coordination with the IT department
- Identify and resolve long-term or chronic electrical asset concerns
- Own and lead the Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process for major failures to ensure prevention of re-occurrence and follow ups on pending tasks to support the BU’s until it’s get done
- Monitor and Optimize Predictive and Preventive Maintenance programs at operating facilities
- Review and update Standard Maintenance Procedures (SMP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Identify, pilot and implement new technologies for reliability improvement
- Drive resolution of highest impact issues with a strong sense of urgency and integrity
- Utilize Six Sigma methodologies for continuous improvement of Reliability
- Track and report on KPI’s, metrics and key initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, or Electronic, or Computer, or Networking Engineering with a minimum of 12 years of experience in areas of engineering, maintenance, reliability, automation, networking, CyberSecurity in an industrial manufacturing environmentProven experience in maintenance and engineering of electrical, instrumentation, automation, networking equipment such as low/medium/high voltage switchgear, transformers, motors, distribution systems, MCCs, VFDs, PLCs, HMIs, Process Control Network, Cybersecurity, and CEMS/DAHS systems
- Proven knowledge of Preventive and Predictive maintenance methodologies and technologies
- Proven experience in execution of Reliability methodologies such as RCA, RCI, FMEA, Statistical downtime analysis, Fishbone analysis etc
- Proven experience in engineering, specification and design of electrical/instrumentation/automation/networking systems, assets and projects
- Excellent communication, team interaction and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work independently as well as lead/participate on cross functional teams.
- Proven experience as a self-starter who effectively manages multiple tasks and achieves results with minimal supervision
- Proven understanding of electrical/instrumentation/automation/networking/cybersecurity regulatory and industrial standards and codes
- Proven understanding of control and instrumentation systems in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Proven experience in CMMS systems
- Proven knowledge of Six Sigma methodologies and techniques
- Proven knowledge of reliability methodologies and strategies such as RCM, TPM, Spare Parts Management, Planning & Scheduling and CMMS optimization
- Proven skills with software such as SAP, AutoCAD, Power Point, Visio, Excel, Word, Rockwell PLCs, Modicon PLCs, HMIs, Networking, PIMs, Cybersecurity
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
This position requires a combination of office work and field work. This position typically requires frequent travel domestically, if support is needed over any of the CEMEX worldwide.
Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/ or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all local, state and federal laws.
CEMEX is an E-Verify participating employer.
Arizona Smoke-Free Act. CEMEX complies with the State of Arizona’s Smoke-Free Act (Arizona Revised Statutes § 36-601.01). Smoking and/or the use of tobacco or related products is prohibited in and on CEMEX property as well as any building and/or vehicle owned or leased by CEMEX.
CEMEX es una institución EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acción afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientación sexual, información genética, identidad de género, o expresión de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.
Nearest Major Market: Houston