At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace is seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer 2 to join our F-35 software team. The successful candidate will join our existing team of software professionals who are developing world-class software in a structured environment to meet our customers' high expectations.This position is based in Redondo Beach, CA withoccasional travelto Fort Worth TX.
You will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle activities and the Agile process for the F-35 External Communications Software. This domain provides information broker services between aircrafts and other battlefield assets as well as distributes battlefield information internally to and from other avionics systems. Primary responsibilities will include review of External Communication requirements for completeness and understandability, detailed design, code, and testing of those requirements at the domain level as well as support of system and operational testing.
* Bachelors of Science in a STEM discipline with at least 2+ years of software development experience in embedded real-time software; or 0 years experience with a STEM Master's degree.
* Must be fluent in C++ Object-Oriented Design and Development
* Must have experience in using model driven development tool (e.g. Rhapsody) and real-time operating systems (e.g. Integrity, VxWorks)
* Must have US Citizenship
* Candidate must have an Active DoD Secret Clearance, with theability toobtain and maintainSAP
* Familiarity with communication protocols, tactical data links (MIL-STD-188-220 and MIL-STD-6016)
* Experience in complete software development life-cycle and demonstrate knowledge of embedded systems
* Experience in the Agile process
* Experience in CMMI Level 5 processes
* Candidate will be expected to have excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.