At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Software Engineer 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in El Segundo, CA.
The selected candidate will design and define software system architectures for new or existing complex systems, take system specifications and defines and designs software architectures to meet requirements, document traceability from requirements to design artifacts and provide technical guidance to software development and integration and test engineers.
- Support the development of teams in the investigation of issues
- Programming experience in Java, C++, C# or other OOP languages
- Defining and maintaining software systems architecture models
- Executing engineering projects on schedule
- Collaborate with engineers to generate engineering artifacts for handoff to software development and integration and test organizations
- Assess impacts of proposed engineering changes to the system design and implement engineering changes to the system as required
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Candidate must be able to collaborate closely with system engineers, hardware designers, and integration.
For more Software openings visit:
Unique ID: sfwas
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of software engineering experience OR
- Master's Degree in STEM and 3 years of software engineering experience; OR STEM PhD.
- Experience developing software / writing code in Java, C++, C# or other OOP languages.
- Ability to develop architecture models in accordance with standards.
- Familiarity with Model-Based Engineering (MBE) methodologies and tools.
- Must currently hold an active Secret Security clearance.
- Ability toobtain and maintainSpecial Access Program clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering.
- Advanced technical degrees.
- Prior experience in developing software architectures.
- Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering and SysML.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.