Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Software Engineer 5 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in El Segundo, CA.
The selected candidate will design and define software system architectures for new or existing complex systems, take system specifications and defines and designs software architectures to meet requirements, document traceability from requirements to design artifacts and provide technical guidance to software development and integration and test engineers.
- Ensure consistency and quality of software products Develop test plans/procedures
- Act as a resourceful point of contact for both the test team development teams
- Support the development of teams in the investigation of issues
- Programming experience in Java, C++, C# or other OOP languages
- Defining and maintaining software systems architecture models
- Executing engineering projects on schedule
- Collaborate with engineers to generate engineering artifacts for handoff to software development and integration and test organizations
- Assess impacts of proposed engineering changes to the system design and implement engineering changes to the system as required
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Candidate must be able to collaborate closely with system engineers, hardware designers, and integration.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 14 years of software engineering experience OR
- Master's Degree in STEM and 12 years of software engineering experience; OR 9 years of software engineering experience with a STEM PhD.
- Experience developing software / writing code in Java, C++, C# or other OOP languages.
- Ability to develop architecture models in accordance with standards.
- Familiarity with Model-Based Engineering (MBE) methodologies and tools.
- A working knowledge of Open Systems Architecture concepts and technologies.
- Must currently hold an active Secret Security clearance.
- Ability toobtain/maintain Special Access Program clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering.
- Advanced technical degrees.
- Prior experience in developing software architectures.
- Familiarity with Battle Management Command and Control (C2) concepts.
- Familiarity with Air domain platforms and their C2.
- Familiarity with Space domain platforms and their C2.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.