At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery.
Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is currently seeking an Agile Product Owner Engineer to support The Threat Modeling Center in Colorado.
The Threat Modeling Center (TMC) is responsible for the development and delivery of high fidelity threat modeling products in support of the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) and the MDA's Ballistic Missile Defense System. This position is for an Agile Scrum Product Owner and requires a mid-level to senior-level Systems Engineer with experience in Modeling and Simulation as well as Agile SE development lifecycle.
This position is located on Schriever Air Force Base.
Primary responsibilities include: Requirements development, creation of Epics, user stories, backlog refinement, and development prioritization. Additional responsibilities include the development of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) models, DoDAF and SysML artifacts, conceptual designs, and acceptability criteria for the TMC applications.
- Clearly identify and describe product backlog items in order to build a shared understanding of the problem and solution with the product development team
- Make decisions regarding the priority of product backlog items in order to deliver maximum outcome with minimum output.
- Determine whether a product backlog item was satisfactorily delivered
- Ensure transparency into the upcoming work of the product development team.
- Other duties as assigned.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor of science in Engineering, Aeronautics, Physics or Math with at least5 years of Systems Engineering experience
- Experience in Agile System Engineering development lifecycle
- Active DoD Secret clearance.
- Position prefers a candidate with a current DoD Top Secret Clearance.
- Experience with Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence).
- Experience with MBSE tools (PTC Integrity Modeler) and SysML. Previous knowledge of C/C++/Java languages.
- Understanding of powered and ballistic flight behaviors. Agile Scrum Product Owner Certification.
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Must possess good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.