- The selected candidate will identify and adjudicate identified hazards, and should have experience with military aircraft, as well as a working knowledge of aircraft concepts and operations.
- Familiarity with electronic systems and circuits, or mechanical systems, as well as real-time executable software is required.
- Technical responsibilities include generation of CDRL items, including System Hazard Analysis (SHA), Functional Hazard Assessment (FHA), Subsystem Hazard Analysis (SSHA), and Operating & Support Hazard Analysis (O&SHA) per MIL-STD-882.
- The selected candidate will also update the existing Triton Probability of Loss of Aircraft (PLOA) Fault Tree Analysis, as required.
- Additional responsibilities include identifying and tracking new Safety requirements, and providing criticality and Level of Rigor assessments including Software Criticality Indexes using MIL-STD-882E, AOP-52, and the Joint Software System Safety Handbook (JSSSEH) as Safety standards.
- Provide Risk Assessments, as required, along with recommended mitigations to reduce risk to an acceptable level, and conduct System Safety
- Working Groups with the Customer, presenting risk status at major Program reviews.
- The successful candidate should be a self-starter, and have strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of applied Engineering experience in an Aerospace Environment
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in System Safety including Software Safety
- Strong leadership and organizational skills, able to effectively communicate with management, customers, and engineering
- Must be able to obtain and maintain DoD Security Clearance
- Familiarity with AOP-52 and the Joint Software System Safety Handbook (JSSSEH
- Knowledge of Airworthiness Certification and MIL-HDBK-516
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.