This position reports to the NG Systems Engineering Manager for the Boeing Ground Based Mid-Course Defense (GMD) SEIT Integrated Product Team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* The review and tailoring of EMI/EMC requirements to meet specified product performance for all aspects of Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) compliance, including EMI/EMC/EME/ESD/EMP and lightning.
* Developing models for interference coupling mechanisms, shielding integrity, and circuit/cable interface isolation to mitigate and control conducted/radiated emissions and susceptibility stimuli.
* Performing Electromagnetic Environmental Effects and Survivability site testing including but not limited to test planning, scheduling and test performance in compliance with standards MIL-STD-188-125, MIL-STD-461, and MIL-STD-464
* Creation of test reports, procedures, and control plans and guidelines.
* Development, maintain and deliver a GMD E3 Program Plan
* Development and execution of the GMD Survivability and Hardness Assurance Program IAW MDA-STD-001A and the GMD High Altitude Exo-Atmospheric Nuclear Survivability (HAENS) Program Plan
o Provide technical expertise to perform, document, and assess HAENS Raid analysis using the Survivability Planning and Intercept Evaluation Tool
* Assess salvo logic impacts and suggest improvements to the existing Nuclear Weapons Effects Battle Management algorithms
The individual should be a self-starter, versatile, problem solver, and have a willingness to work as part of a team.
Individual must be willing to travel to site locations in order to perform environmental testing, attend design review meetings, and work off-shift hours if necessary
*Experience in systems engineering, requirements, and product development processes and application to complex weapon or space systems
*Experience in complex weapon or space systems requirements verification and validation
*CBRN mitigation experience
*Experience: 14+ Years with a STEM Bachelors Degree/ 12+ Years with Masters/ 9+ Years with PhD
*Current DOD Secret security clearance able to obtain Top secret clearance
* LabVIEW Experience
*Must be able to travel
*5 years of missile systems or space launch systems engineering experience
*Nuclear effects (including EMP) modeling experience.
* LabVIEW CLAD or higher certification
*Current DOD Top Secret security clearance
*Network configuration development and maintenance
*GMD or other missile defense experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.