The F/A-18 Program is looking for a Systems Test Engineer to lead our upcoming F/A-18E/F Block III upgrade ground and flight test effort. Primary focus with the upgrade is the addition of Conformal Fuel Tanks. Test efforts will include aircraft level static and fatigue tests (located at Boeing facility and conducted in St Louis, MO) as well as a full-scale fuel system ground and flight test program at NAS Patuxent River, MD. Position is based in El Segundo, CA and will include travel to the test locations above. The ideal candidate will be an independent, self-starting and motivated Flight Test Engineer who will be willing to work additional assignments beyond the defined requirements of this position.
The primary job responsibilities are, but not limited, to the following:
Develop, coordinate and publish detailed test plans, test schedules, and test procedures for developmental testing.
Provide laboratory support for integration testing.
Support and host test planning working groups.
Interface with test article design and analysis teams to define test configuration and data requirements.
Contribute to test card development and review in collaboration with other engineering disciplines and test operations personnel.
Conduct test readiness reviews, and pre/posttest briefings.
Provide mission control room support and make real-time decisions regarding safety, efficiency, and effectiveness.
Conduct and contribute to pre-flight and post-test data analyses to support anomaly identification and resolution.
Maintain metrics on status of testing and constraints
Individual will serve as a principal subject matter focal point between maintenance, design engineering, and test site team.
Individual will work under only general direction to determine and develop approaches to solutions
Individual will work within a team environment and independently
Individual will be learning additional engineering discipline areas.
- Bachelors' degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics)
- A minimum of 5 years of engineering experience with a BS degree as described above, or 3 years with an MS Degree.
- Overtime, odd shifts, and weekend work will occasionally be required.
- Current Active DOD Secret clearance is required.
- Ability to travel as needed up to 50% of the time.
- In depth knowledge of ground and flight test planning and execution experience, to include control room monitoring
- Flexibility to work additional flight assignments beyond the defined requirements of this position.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Integrated Analysis & Data System (IADS).
- Aircraft engineering testing
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.