Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems Sector organization is seeking applicants for a Systems Engineer Requirements Lead position. This position is located in Colorado Springs, CO.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
- Providing direction and oversight for the Systems Test Engineering team, in addition to performing many of the day-to-day requirements management tasks
- Flow-down technical tasking / priorities of Program Management and Chief Engineer
- Establishing milestones and monitoring adherence to master plans and schedules, identifying program risks and obtain solutions to include allocation of resources
- Developing system test solutions in accordance with project technical, schedule and cost constraints
- Leading preparation and execution of comprehensive system/element level test plans and procedures to ensure completeness of test program
- Leading system/element level test planning and test readiness reviews
- Coordinating integrated testing activities and resolving conflicts for competing systems.
- Documenting test requirements and methodologies in the requirements management system.
- Training less experienced personnel on the system test processes and procedures
- Reviewing system engineering documentation to ensure test plans and methodologies meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, consistent and complete
- Participating in trade studies to support the selection of preferred design solutions, commercial hardware or software components, and preferred course of action alternatives in project development/product delivery
- Supporting the development of system integration plans, procedures and scenarios used in the conduct of software/hardware system integration testing
- Participating in engineering peer reviews as a document originator or reviewer to ensure technical quality and engineering rigor is appropriate
- Participating in project technical risk analysis and mitigation
- Bachelors degree in a STEM (Science, Technical, Engineering or Math) discipline with 9 years of Stems or Test engineering experience; or 7 years experience with a Masters degree in the same discipline
- Active Secret clearance is required for this position
- Experience in using a requirements management tool, such as DOORS
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
There is no relocation for this position. This position is contingent upon award and/or funding.
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodology
- Experience leading systems test activities through all phases of the systems engineering lifecycle
- Familiarity with ground-based radars such as Perimeter Acquisition Radar Attack Characterization System (PARCS) and/or Ballistic Missile Early Warning System (BMEWS) Precision Acquisition Vehicle Entry (PAVE) Phased Array Warning System (PAWS) (BPP)
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, team oriented environment
- Self-starter - efficient in achieving goals and proactive in pursuing subsequent tasks
- Familiarity with MS Office suite of tools (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.