Magna Powertrain is a premier supplier for the global automotive industry with full capabilities in powertrain design, development, testing and manufacturing. Offering complete system integration sets us apart from our competitors. An operating group of Magna International, Magna Powertrain is headquartered in Troy, Michigan with 50 plus locations globally.
Conduct integrated vehicle level system verification testing in support of new product launches, current product improvements or new product development. Define the requirements of new test methods and/or procedures; may be responsible for the design, layout and fabrication of custom test equipment. Support test setup and data collection.
- Use standardized testing methods and practices to perform vehicle and system level verification testing.
- Write test plans to ensure objectives and deliverables are predictably and consistently achieved.
- Responsible for the verification testing equipment and software needs.
- Keep abreast of new integrated system verification test technology trends, resource trends and market demand for new products/projects.
- Use "lessons learned" and verification best practices when developing verification testing plans on new products/projects.
- Develop testing capabilities in order to improve efficiency, quality and coverage.
- Conduct the specific verification tests to ensure program/project, component integrity.
- Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management system (TS 16949).
- Maintains working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Practice and maintain integrity while following Magna's Charter and Constitution.
- Follow Magna's Code of Conduct and Ethics and related compliance policies.
- Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management system (IATF).
- Drive the development of new technologies to improve quality, efficiency and reduce cost.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures to ensure duties of self are performed in a safe manner.
- Understand applicable Environmental, Health & Safety policies and procedures in the workplace.
- Report unsafe conditions immediately.
- Report injuries, accidents, illnesses, near misses, property damage immediately.
- Follow safety rules.
- Comply with requirements for the use or operation of machines or equipment.
- Comply with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements.
- Create a positive work environment by demonstrating and sharing functional/technical knowledge.
- Develop and maintain a responsive and cooperative working relationship with internal and external customers.
- Treat everyone with dignity, trust and respect.
- Complete additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Knowledge and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as teamwork skills.
- 0-3 years of related work experience. Experience in powertrain systems preferred.
- Strong product development, planning and analytical skills.
Skills and Competencies
KEY BEHAVIORAL TRAITS FOR SUCCESS:
- Continuous Quality & Performance Improvement: Able to establish personal standards of quality for own work; independently improve the quality of own work processes products, and/or services; identify and apply "best practices" in own work; improve the efficiency of own work by eliminating barriers and streamlining work processes; measure and track own performance.
- Creativity & Innovation: Able to generate creative ideas to solve problems and improve work methods; apply novel approaches to situations; independently apply professional expertise in ways that are unique or innovative; collaborate with team members to brainstorm creative approaches; rethink situations to create new opportunities or overcome obstacles.
- Problem Solving & Analysis: Able to gather appropriate data and diagnose the cause of a problem before taking action; separate causes from symptoms; apply lessons learned from others who encountered similar problems or challenges; anticipate problems and develop contingency plans to deal with them; develop and evaluate alternative courses of action.
- Technical/Functional Expertise: Able to demonstrate mastery of the technical/functional skills necessary for performing own job; maintain state-of-the-art knowledge of the advances in field; regularly publish or present on leading-edge issues; conduct leading-edge research or similar work that has organization-wide impact; play a key role in advancements in profession.
Office environment; 30% Travel required.
While working in this environment, the employee will be exposed to machinery, moving equipment and material, moderate noise, airborne particles, fumes and various levels of temperature created by the manufacturing process.