It's more than job. It's a passion.
Doka is one of the world’s leading companies for developing, manufacturing and distributing formwork solutions for use in all fields of the construction sector. The Doka Group is a company of the Umdasch Group
and employs more than 6,000 people in over 70 countries.
Summary Of Position:
The Engineering Group Leader is accountable for technical planning, forming projects, managing multiple projects and may manage engineering teams consisting of Technicians and Senior Technicians. He/she provides strong leadership, technical direction and ensures that team members are continually trained in Doka formwork systems. Ensures that the team represents the proper use of Doka concrete forming equipment for customers. He/she provides technical assistance to the sales department from the project design stage to project inception and completion. This position will support Doka's Western Regional Engineering Support Team located in Channahon, Illinois.
- Determines and plans technical solutions for all types of forming projects.
- Partners with customers, contractors, sales and operations departments while managing jobs from preliminary project planning stages to project completion.
- Supports Sales by determining appropriate formwork solutions that meet the customer’s needs (economically, and in compliance with safety and regulatory guidelines).
- Works with sales to produce AutoCAD drawings during the proposal stage and finalizes working drawings for Doka forming systems and provides material lists for quotations and shipments to the site.
- Relied upon to provide guidance to customers regarding forming solutions, service job sites and respond to questions concerning equipment usage, etc.
- Motivates team and effectively delegates work insuring team/branch/company objectives are met.
- Produces and ensures that the drawings indicate the proper use of Doka forming equipment and that the drawings represent safe, economical and efficient designs.
- Provides analysis and design/price calculations as required (based upon level of experience and education).
- Ensures that the policies, procedures, programs, standards of performance and compliance are adhered to.
- Monitors conformance with contractual guidelines.
Other Responsibilities/Peripheral Functions:
- Visits job sites as required, identifies any improper implementation and takes action to ensure technical solutions are immediately implemented.
- Service the job site for the correct use of formwork systems in the absence of a service advisor.
- Ensures safe working practices and a safe working environment.
- Other duties/projects as assigned, such as participating in company committees and teams.
- Bachelor Degree in engineering (civil, construction, or structural) Strongly preferred.
- 4-7 years of related experience.
- Experience in concrete forming, Doka experience preferred.
- Able to set priorities, change priorities to meet the business needs and schedule projects while managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent technical knowledge with vast experience in project management.
- Experienced in AutoCAD, project management software and computer applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills including an excellent command of English (speaking, reading, writing).
- Qualitative abilities including strong analytical skills, technical proficiency and effective problem solving skills.
- Willing and able to learn new products, concepts and techniques.
- Organized team player with strong leadership skills and excellent time management skills. Able to work in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment.
- General understanding of US regulations, local and national codes, legislation and trends impacting the formwork industry.
- Understands how the projects and activities of Doka US and the branch impacts the corporation worldwide.
This position requires the ability to support the sales function within the office and at times in the customer environment, solving design and field problems on short notice with minimal information.
Extensive daily interaction with internal colleagues, management and customers.
Position requires the ability to work in an organized manner, in a fast-paced environment and manage time to meet deadlines.
Working conditions vary from that of an office environment: dry, cool, well lighted, to outside conditions (equipment yard or job site), high noise level in certain areas, dust, wind and extreme outdoor temperatures.
Doka offers terrific career opportunities, competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, Flexible Spending Account, company paid life insurance, supplemental voluntary term life insurance, 401k retirement plan (Roth and Non-Roth), AFLAC policies, paid time off (sick/personal, vacation, floating holiday and company paid holidays) and an exciting opportunity to join as an Engineering Group Leader in Doka's Western Regional Engineering Support Team in Channahon, Illinois.
Does working with some of the most impressive construction projects interest you? If joining an industry leader excites you, please submit your resume and apply now.
Visit us on-line atwww.dokausa.com for additional information on Doka USA, Ltd.
Doka is an Equal Opportunity Employer
A company of the Umdasch Group
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.