Cobham is seeking an Engineering Manager - Engineering Lab that will provide leadership in all aspects of Engineering Operations for Cobham Mission Systems products. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Engineering Lab Operations:
- Provide leadership in many aspects of Engineering project development -prototype, assembly and test execution process
- Ensure proper tools and processes are used in development projects for new and revised test programs
- Provide Leadership and oversight for all processes including resource allocation and cost estimates for fabrication, assembly and testing efforts
- Identifies potential problems / issues within Engineering projects / programs and works to resolve, escalate as appropriate
- Works closely with interdependent functions across the organization to ensure customer needs, project demands and internal requirements are all factored into build and testing of products for engineering
- Demonstrated ability to work from schematics, engineering drawings, and written or verbal instructions for assembly, test set-ups and testing.
- Lead the planning for future capital improvement projects for the lab
- Oversee the tracking and reporting of business unit capital expenses for existing and new program
- Work closely with facilities to manage existing and future test equipment and related tooling
- Experience in Aerospace, Defense Industry or related businesses utilizing Life Cycle Management
- Continuous Improvement
- Oversee and manage Continuous Improvement Teams and activities implementing: Root cause problem solving process and techniques
- Managerial/Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Manage and lead a 15-20 highly skilled technician team in a test Lab in the development, prototyping, assembly and test execution for Cobham products in an FAA and Military standards environment
- Responsible for providing the appropriately skilled and aligned resource to deliver against Engineering Laboratory project and program objectives
- Highlights any gaps in required skills / levels of resource required in short to medium term. Develops case and plan for closure for approval. Executes to ensure timely delivery of goals
- Carry out performance reviews for direct reports, working with appropriate technical specialists to identify and execute development plans for all team members
- Interpret and enforce policy, conduct performance evaluations, and manage employee relations while meeting engineering schedules, customer needs and quality standards in a timely fashion
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or STEM curriculum
- 5+ years if experience in new product development testing
- 5+ years of management experience
- 3+ years of experience in Continuous Improvement related activities
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- 2+ years of System Engineering Experience
- Knowledge of project management software such as Microsoft Project
- Experience in various Root-Cause Problem Solving techniques
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience in leading Lean Product Development projects
- Experience in Design for Six Sigma or Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
- Expertise in application of requirements management
For more information regarding the Davenport facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobham.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham