Tenneco is one of the world’s largest pure-play powertrain companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager for our Greenville, Michigan plant to contribute to our Powertrain – Bearings business unit. In this role, you will be responsible for the management of the engineering and plant central services departments.
Our recruiting team is ready to act immediately. You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through the process quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication.
- Directs and coordinates department resources to efficiently support plant operations to meet customer, production, and plant quality goals.
- Manages department projects to meet future strategic goals and competitive pressures as a best value producer.
- Recommends and implements solutions for improved product quality, tooling, and facilities.
- Develops and trains personnel to fill management positions.
- Encourages and participates in plant safety and health programs.
- Participates with the Plant Manager and plant staff in strategic planning, profit plans, market goals, etc.
- Directs capital projects, including submitting requests and gaining approval, coordinating projects through to completion on time.
- Coordinates with Value Stream Managers on facility projects.
- Technical liaison between external/internal customers and the plant.
- Launch coordinator for the facility.
- Continuously works to implement and maintain Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) system and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of three years of experience in plant-level management.
- Experience in a Tier 1 automotive supplier environment preferred.