Seeking Business Engineering Manager for office in Mayaguez PR
We are specialists in turbomachinery, air and space propulsion working on the development, design and testing of gas turbines, turbo pumps and components for commercial and military applications in the aerospace industry and industrial applications for power generation.
Our goal: Provide technically innovative, timely and cost effective solutions for our customers.
Our base: With over 4,000 years of professional staff experience in the development and construction of thermal turbomachinery and over 430 issued patents. The home office of FTT is in Jupiter, Florida, USA. Founded in 1998, today has more than 200 employees. We have fun and enjoy our work. We are happy to pleasantly surprise our customers with creative and cost effective solutions.
We are looking for an Engineering Business Manager with a background in Mechanical Engineering / Aerospace
Our Mayaguez Engineering Manager will supervise, mentor and lead a team of highly skilled engineers and technicians who design and analyze turbo machinery components. He/She will be responsible for the successful leadership and management of the local PR office currently located in Mayaguez. As present, we are looking to expand our presence in PR and need an Engineering Business Manager to implement and champion strategic business development goals to expand our PR office and business.
Candidates must have:
- A strong background in Gas Turbine Engineering Development
- Experience with contract writing, and proposal writing, and negotiation
- Excellent communication and management skills
- English and Spanish fluency,
- The ability to motivate and promote global teamwork.
- The ability to lead and mentor a local members of our FTT global team
- Business development experience to develop an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives supporting the strategic direction of the organization.
The responsibilities and duties of the Engineering Manager are to:
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the office.
- Determine staffing requirements for office and program delivery.
- Establish a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations.
- Implement a performance management process for all staff which includes monitoring the performance of staff on an on-going basis and conducting an annual performance review.
- Research funding sources, oversee the development of fund raising plans and write funding proposals to increase the funds of the organization.
- Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, funders, politicians, universities and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the organization.
- US Citizenship Required
- 7 years in progressive management or engineering experience within the Gas Turbine industry
- University or Master’s Degree in related field
- Ability to obtain a DOD security clearance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: excel, PowerPoint, MSWord, MS Project, MS Outlook.