RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in Phoenix, Arizona (AZ) that is seeking an Engineering Product Manager.
The Engineering Product Manager will be responsible for setting a product vision, strategy, and roadmap; clearly articulating the business value to the executive management team so they understand the intent behind the new product or product release; owning the strategy behind the product and its roadmap; and working with engineering to build what matters.
- Contributes to and performs market analyses that identify all relevant current and future market elements that will determine product success; the analyses should be complete and integral and will typically include elements such as competitive product positioning in the market place; competitor strategies; sources of differentiation; distribution channel structure, competitive cost comparisons; market segmentation; PAM/TAM, etc.
- Defines new products or the product lifecycle of existing product lines with supporting business cases based on market and customer needs; this includes factors such as market segments, user personas, product features, product use cases, distribution channels and support models, as well as market share, revenue and financial targets
- Develops and presents Marketing Requirement Documents (MRD) to articulate and define new products and improve existing ones
- Schedules projects and work closely and collaboratively with R&D, Engineering, Operations and other departments on the implementation of product requirements and report on progress
- Initiates and facilitates the creation and refinement of the Product Requirement Documents (PRD), with supporting UI/UX wireframes and customer validation with development and engineering
- Performs focus group testing during product concept, alpha, beta and release stages for performance and reliability
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience required
- MBA a strong plus
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of experience in the Technology Industry in Product Management
- Experience with Pragmatic Marketing and the development of Technology Solutions is an asset
- Experience with GPS or Navigational Systems is a plus
- Machine Control, Positioning Technologies, and Telematics experience a plus
- Excellent management skills with the ability to effectively direct the company's product
- Excellent planning, time management, communication, decision-making, organizational, and project management skills
- Ability to influence people and execute programs across a matrixed organization structure
- Ability to multi-task, perform under pressure, motivate individuals, lead projects with a high degree of attention to detail and to understand the overall corporate objectives are essential
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.