Working in Northrop Grumman Mission Systems means making a direct contribution to mission projects that keep our homeland safe, expanding the boundaries of possibility and reshaping the world we live in. We have multiple positions for Engineering Program Managers who will become part of Northrop Grumman's Engineering Execution team supporting the Navigation and Positioning Systems or Integrated Digital Systems business areas.
These positions will be responsible for leading the Engineering efforts on multiple programs to deliver inertial and navigation systems or mission computers and cockpit upgrades. The roles require strong leadership and communication skills and ability to build strong working relationships across a multi-disciplined organization and team. They will have responsibility for meeting the business goals for engineering cost and schedule for projects/programs as assigned.
Additionally, the Engineering Program Managers will:
- Oversee and manage the engineering design, development, test and integration of hardware and software systems
- Own the overall technical quality and performance, budget (cost), and schedule for the engineering content of the assigned programs
- Ensure that the program is adhering to sound engineering processes in the development, production, test and sustainment in accordance with company policies, procedures, and quality standards
- Serve as the interface between the Program Manager, Engineering Leads, Engineering Discipline/Department Managers to coordinate staffing requirements and ensure proper skill mix to support program activities
- Track and communicate the program's technical metrics
- Mentor junior technical contributors
- Minimum of 9 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree; 7 years of relevant experience with a Master's degree; or 4 years of relevant experience with a PhD degree in Engineering, Physics, Math or related technical field
- Experience leading a small team on a technical development effort or technical production support
- Experience with generating or reviewing cost estimates/basis of estimates (BOEs)
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Master's Degree in a technical field
- Technical project management with budget experience
- Experience in bid and proposal development
- Knowledge of engineering planning, scheduling, metrics, earned value systems, and workload forecasting
- Demonstrated ability to perform as a liaison to the customer for all engineering efforts
- Technical experience in avionics or guidance and navigation control systems
- Demonstrated experience mentoring junior technical contributors
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level security clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.