Job Title: Engineering Project Manager
Job Duration: 12 Months
Job Location: Milwaukee, WI
Reports To: Senior Engineering Manager
- Responsible for creating, planning, and executing engineering development projects in order to deliver new products to the market on schedule and within budget.
- Create, plan, and execute other non-development engineering projects including those related to standards compliance.
- Manage engineering development projects.
o Work with the Engineering Management and systems engineering to define and scope projects to achieve program goals.
o Create and maintain all project planning documentation.
o Create project schedules from conception to market launch.
o Track and report on project status.
o Identify and escalate risks to project schedule and budget.
o When necessary, work with Engineering Management and systems engineering to propose adjustments to plans and/or product requirements to keep project objectives aligned with program goals.
o Responsible for holding all planned design reviews for a project.
o Ensures product development follows the design control process, complies with applicable cross-functional and compliance standards, and meets all regulatory needs for the applicable markets.
- Leader of cross-functional project teams.
o Oversee activities of team members executing project tasks.
o Coordinate development activities between departments. Ensure requirements are communicated and understood, and implementation responsibilities are assigned to appropriate individuals.
o Hold regular meetings to ensure team members communicate effectively and all project risks across the cross-functional team are identified in a timely fashion.
o Ensure stakeholders have fulfilled necessary commitments in support of project plans and schedules.
- Assists in directly completing project tasks as needed to support systems engineering, product testing, or other departments to keep projects on schedule and within budget.
- Participate in CAPA activities as needed.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must be fluent in English (both oral and written) with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Works independently, is self-motivated and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to initiate and develop creative solutions.
- Acts with a sense of urgency, illustrates ambition and drives for completion of tasks/projects.
- Strong proficiency in Office applications skills.
- Must be a team player, possess good listening skills, and easily learn new skills and concepts.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize work.
- Must be flexible and adaptable.