The Engineering Specialist (Global Engineering Resource Planner) is responsible for the central planning and coordination of Manufacturing’s budget and resources related to the development and execution of our capital projects portfolio and other strategic activities. The candidate will have opportunities to interact with the Business and make contributions to ensure that our key objectives, projects, and ‘Must Wins’ are delivered successfully. The candidate should have some background and experience in project management and project controls, preferably in a manufacturing environment and a fundamental understanding of the financial aspects of capital projects. This role is a mix of fixed reoccurring responsibilities and dynamic opportunities based on current business and organizational needs.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
- Work closely with regional Manufacturing and GE teams and Investment & Asset organization to provide yearly project plans and budgets for Corporate and Operating plans
- Steward global project expenses and progress, develop year-end outlooks (Operating Expense, Structural Construction Expense, Capital Expenditure, Major Project Expense), generate formal quarterly stewardship report.
- Support early development of Major Projects and Ventures with schedules, resource plans, and other key deliverables
- Manage, maintain, and improve Manufacturing planning tools, fixed cost models, and project portfolio
- Interface with colleagues in different geographic locations and different levels of the organization to obtain project progress and updates involving improve and base activities.
- Lead and support key Global Engineering work plan and transitional activities, to help the function perform and bring value to the organization
- Support Manufacturing Leadership in preparing Manufacturing and Project updates and packages for the SuLT/CLT/BoD
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- A technical background (BS in Engineering or Higher – Chemical, Mechanical)
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant chemical industry experience
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in a global environment
- Strong interpersonal skills; able toeasily work in a collaborative/team environment
- Strong analytical skills, ability to identify trends and make recommendations from dynamic data sets
- Capability to flexibly respond to unanticipated challenges
- Ability to effectively cope with change; can decide and act without having the total picture; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Access
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project and SAP a plus
- Familiarity with current Project Execution Processes, Front-End Loading, and Capital Investment Manual/Processes