What you’ll do
To work as part of the Central Engineering team. Implementation of projects and support of high volume manufacturing.
- Integration of robotics and automation with machine tools and systems. (According to all relevant standards)
- Electrical control and safety system specification, design and build. (Includes panel builds and wiring).
- Creation of drawings and BOM’s. (AutoCAD, Excel).
- Component specification and selection.
- Involvement in specification and selection of machines and automation.
- Robot programming.
- Automation system design and build.
- Custom machine design and build.
- Project management.
- PLC, HMI and Safety controller programming. (AB and Siemens).
- Industrial network specification and configuration.
- Some mechanical work (Assembly and fabrication).
- Occasional support of maintenance teams for repairs, troubleshooting or continuous improvement.
- Some travel for machine runoffs or projects.
- Some weekend work to support projects.
- Training others.
- Perform additional assignments as defined by Central Engineering Manager/Principal engineer.
- Associates Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience.
- Training and minimum 2 yrs. experience with electrical circuits, control systems and safety systems.
- Training and minimum 2 yrs. experience with power circuits up to 480 vac.
- Training and minimum 2 yrs. experience with PLC and HMI programming.
- Solid understanding of robot programming and ladder logic.
- Proficiency with: PC’s, Industrial networks, PLC’s, HMI’s, Safety Controllers, vision systems, AutoCAD, Excel, Word, Outlook, Industrial robot programming.
- Able to work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Driveline is the market leader in the development and delivery of contemporary and electrified driveline systems and solutions. With a comprehensive global footprint, we design, develop, manufacture and integrate an extensive range of driveline technologies for over 90% of the world’s automotive manufacturers.
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.