At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Engineering Technician to join our Testing team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Azusa, CA.
The Engineering Technician will provide technical support to test engineers on a variety of thermal cycling, thermal/vacuum, vibration/shock and electronic/electrical technical tasks.&;
- Gathers, maintains, formats, compiles, and manipulates technical data, such as laboratory or material test results and engineering design changes.
- Work from specifications to perform environmental and evaluation tests on a variety of electronic and electro-mechanical assemblies and systems utilizing using standard and precision environmental simulation test equipment.
- Interpret resulting data as to its reliability and validity.
- Produces engineering documentation, reports, drawings (flow charts, block diagrams, and schematics). Uses personal computer in performance of analyses and development of documentation/reports.
- May conduct tests and record data to assist with engineering evaluation or analysis.&;
- Supports process monitoring and improvement activities including: metrics charting, analysis and improvement project management; defect/mishap investigation and corrective action management
- Must have strong analysis and problem solving skills with the ability to identify and solve problems pro-actively
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.&; Candidate must be comfortable in a lab environment and be able to collaborate closely with system engineers, hardware designers, and integration/test engineers.
- AA or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline and 1 year of related experience.
- Secret Security Clearance
- Knowledge of data acquisition system and instrumentation
- Knowledge or experience with Hydraulics/pneumatics
- The ability to interpret engineering drawings, diagrams and schematics and environmental test (Type of tests) procedures.
- Accurately create test setups, instrumentation collection equipment and generate test reports
- Must be able to work various shifts
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.