The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and successfully deliver projects per IT PMO governance processes. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects per plan. The Project Manager will also define the project's objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
Strategy & Planning
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and present status reports with input from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a lessons' learned report to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Follow PMO governance processes to include project request & approval, change management, risk management and reporting, and provide feedback/recommendations to improve/develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Where required, work/negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants if necessary during project cycle.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Develop full-scale project management plans and associated communications documents.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel; manage and control successful delivery and completion.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Identify and manage risks through the risk management process.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Formal Education, Certification, & Citizenship
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline (Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration, Management, etc.).
- Certifications in: Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), and/or Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master (CSM).
- Must be a US Citizen.
Knowledge & Experience
- 10 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of project management methodology, and project development and execution.
- Proven experience managing large enterprise applications and global infrastructure projects utilizing both waterfall and Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
- Technically competent with various software programs, such as MS SharePoint, Office Suite, and Project, and others such as Tableau and PPM tool desirable.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to influence and elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Customer service skills an asset.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
Preferred Additional Skills
- Agile/Scrum Certification (Certified Scrum Master, etc.)
- Lean Six Sigma experience; Green Belt, Black Belt certification
- Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) tools
- Experience in Financial planning, budgeting and reporting
What are you waiting for? Apply Now!
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here!
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Click here to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.