Roles and Responsibilities
The Enterprise Architect collaborates with other enterprise architects who collectively own the overall technical architecture encompassing the various business systems within the company.
As an Enterprise Architect you will:
- Apply enterprise architecture governance across project teams to ensure consistent adherence to defined architecture principles and best practices.
- Perform assessments of the current platform architecture, systems, and technologies to identify critical deficiencies and opportunities for cost savings.
- Propose solutions to address architecture issues, including consideration of third party services.
- Create roadmaps to realize architecture future state.
- Evaluate new technologies and emerging trends that could help drive company's competitive advantages.
- Define, document and effectively communicate architecture best practices and design standards for implementation of and integration between business systems.
- Collaborate with the network infrastructure team to ensure architecture compliance to PCI and security constraints.
- Participate in technical design reviews within project teams to provide architecture oversight.
- Maintain repository to architecture documentation in both diagram and narrative form.
- Deep understanding of enterprise architecture technologies and design patterns.
- Hands-on software development experience in one or more technology stacks (JEE, LAMP, .NET, etc.)
- 5+ years experience designing technical architectures involving integration between multiple business applications, including 3rd party services.
- 3+ years experience with cloud services and technologies, such as AWS.
- Ability to work with non-technical individuals to elicit business requirements.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, highly articulate in presenting technical designs.
- Passion to learn, and able to understand new technologies quickly.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Familiarity with PCI constraints on architecture implementations is a plus.
- Experience with ecommerce or online subscription business is a plus.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline required. Master’s degree or equivalent preferred.