Required Security Clearance: Must be eligible to positively adjudicate to a Tier 5 background investigation.
This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) customer.
The Enterprise Architect will analyze, assess, report, and advise our government customer on the design of their enterprise information technology architecture. This will include the overall organizational architecture, as well as architectures for departments within the organization, including data management architecture, application architecture, knowledge management architecture, and others.
The EA will provide assessments that will likely include the following:
- Ensure that IT investments effectively support business requirements, are linked to the organizational and departmental strategic plans, and provide maximum business value to customers, both internal and external.
- Assess business drivers/requirements and perform IT capability gap analysis.
- Develop for customer review and approval, IT vision and business/IT alignment statements.
- Assist in defining, prioritizing, scheduling, and executing steps to establish a data management framework. This might include: requirements gathering; assessment of the current data management architecture; development of a future state data management architecture to meet requirements, performing a capability gap analysis, developing a transition plan; and supporting the implementation of that transition plan.
- Developing application management architectures at an organizational level. This would include: application architecture initiatives, such as, identifying and classifying application components according to the specific business / performance objectives they support and the technologies they leverage; documenting and analyzing the current application inventory; and provide detailed application architecture guidelines to improve both business and technology processes in the interest of integration and cost containment.
- Provide technical knowledge and analysis of highly specialized applications and operational environments, high-level functional systems analysis, design, integration, documentation, and implementation guidance on exceptionally complex problems that need extensive knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation.
- Architectural and technical oversight support including long and short-term participation with application development teams, providing full Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) support, developer tool support, mentoring, and architectural design / implementation support. Will participate as needed in all phases of software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, testing, integration, documentation, and presentation phases.
Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification is required.
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or a related field is required.
A minimum of 5 years of experience in Enterprise Architecture is required.
Must have experience with enterprise architecture tools (e.g. IBM Rational System Architect).
Must have extensive experience with the DODAF architecture framework.
Must have extensive experience with design and implementation of enterprise level IT architectures and alignment with the organization's business goals and budgetary constraints.
Must have an awareness of the business and organizational process that drive the IT decisions and be able to understand the organization’s business goals and make recommendations for IT spending/design architectures that align with those goals.
EA certification (e.g. FEAC Certified Enterprise Architect) is preferred.
Master of Science degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred.
Experience in data management and designing data management frameworks.
Experience in software development.
Experience with the Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework
First shift normal workday duty hours are planned.
Travel Estimated: Occasional travel may be required on an as needed basis as approved.
Limited to per diem allowed in accordance with the Joint Travel Regulations/Federal Travel Regulations (JTR/FTR) for pre-approved travel if required.
United States Citizenship is required.