(Position locations will vary within Southern California)
- The candidate will be responsible for preparing detailed power utility distribution engineering analysis, studies, and programs to determine the needs and/or requirements for the existing system and future additions.
- This candidate will work within the utility client Distribution Engineering group which is responsible Distribution System planning, customer and generation interconnection studies, customer and grid operations support.
- The candidate will complete multiple tasks involved with the analysis, design, engineering, and construction of new Distribution projects.
- The candidate will be responsible for the development of detailed engineering analysis, studies, databases, and programs required to determine the need and/or requirements for future system additions this includes but is not limited to; identification and planning of new circuitry, substation upgrades, new substations, load flow studies, completion of generation interconnection studies, capacitor programs, and Infrastructure Replacement Programs.
- The position also includes identification and establishment of priorities for new projects, developing flexible short and long range plans to meet corporate safety, reliability and system performance goals, and developing the capital budget for the region.
- The candidate will provide technical support to internal and external customers in the following areas: development, interpretation, or application of existing/new engineering standards and designs; investigation of circuit interruptions, field equipment failures, accidents, and unusual service problems in support of work location and regional personnel; resolution of complex system problems such as customer claims, power quality issues, and power delivery problems.
- The candidate will maintain a safety conscious work environment by following client safety protocols and safe work practices in addition to providing support with all other duties assigned.
- You must have obtained an undergraduate or graduate Electrical Engineering degree or related technical discipline or will obtain by June 2017.
- Demonstrated experience working on cross-functional teams that are responsible for the solution of technical problems.
- Demonstrated experience performing thorough and objective analysis (e.g., power flow analysis), and reaching logical and defendable conclusions.
- Demonstrated experience with project management concepts and experience including planning, prioritizing, scheduling, and coordinating multiple projects.
- Demonstrated experience developing and presenting technical and business information in formal and informal settings.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain complex technical concepts in simple terms to both technical and non-technical personnel, including internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and maintain positive working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflicts in manner which results in win-win solutions for all the parties involved.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface effectively with clients, peers and all levels of management.
- Must demonstrate strong ethics and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and engage in continuous learning.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge in the area of Power Systems Engineering.
- Experience using power system analysis software such as CYME
- Experience using Access, and Visio.
- This position may be identified as a NERC/CIP impacted position - Prior to being hired, the successful candidate must pass a Personnel Risk Assessment (PRA) or Background Investigation. Once hired, the candidate must complete specified training prior to gaining un-escorted access to assigned work location and performing necessary job duties.