Entry Level Associate
Location US-CT-West Hartford
# Positions 200 Category Manufacturing
At a Glance
US - CT - West Hartford
Entry Level Associates- First Shift (6:00AM-2:30PM) & Second Shift (3:00PM-11:30PM)
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for an Entry Level Associate at our West Hartford, CT facility for our 1st shift operation (6:00AM-2:30PM) and our 2nd shift operation (3:00 pm - 11:30 pm). This position pays $11.50/ per hour. As an Entry Level Associate, you will perform fabrication and assembly operations to produce products of all kinds, including more complex operations.
What Will You Do?
Essential Mental Functions:
Essential Physical Functions:
Instructions: For the tasks, duties and responsibilities contained in this job description, check all physical aspects below that could be encountered on the job.
- Bending body downward/forward by bending spine at the waist
- Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee(s)
- Bending the body downward/forward by bending leg/spine
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
- Standing, particularly for sustained periods of time
- Moving about on foot, particularly for long distances
- Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position
- Picking, pinching, typing or working with primarily the fingers
- Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm
- Verbalizing detailed or important instructions to others accurately, loudly or quickly
- Applying substantial movement/motion of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers in a repetitive manner
- Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Using arm/leg controls requiring exertion of forces greater than that required for sedentary work
- Subject to inside environmental conditions, with protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- Subject to sufficient noise to cause one to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
- Subject to a variety of hazards including moving mechanical parts, electrical current, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- Subject to one or more of the following conditions: fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
- Dealing with data and figures, accounting, transcription, computer terminal, extensive reading, visual inspection involving small defects/parts, operation or machines, using measurement devices, assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
Every day, Legrand brings power, light and data to millions of spaces around the world. Legrand is a global, publicly-traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with 36,000 employees worldwide, a market cap of $16B, revenue of more than $5 billion, with products sold in 180 countries. Legrand is listed on the Forbes Global 2000 as one of the world's best employers. For more information, visit legrand.com.
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 5,000 associates in 60 locations, working in 6 product categories (Electrical Wiring Systems, Building Control Systems, AV, Data Communications, Power Distribution and Control, and Lighting). LNCA offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage. LNCA also offers distinctive benefits like high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active women's network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growth company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit legrand.us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed