Smithers Viscient performs environmental and consumer safety contract research and regulatory services for the crop protection, pharmaceutical, industrial chemical, and the consumer product industries. Smithers Viscient has performed standard guideline and higher-tiered environmental studies for over 45 years. We conduct studies to satisfy all regulatory requirements globally. Smithers Viscient is a leader delivering trusted testing services.
Offerings include environmental fate, plant and animal metabolism, aquatic and terrestrial ecotoxicology, honeybee and pollinator testing, avian toxicology, residue, analytical, and product chemistry, and regulatory risk assessment.
Position is expected to perform varied and often complex and difficult procedures somewhat independently. Individual is expected to detect and report problems in standardized procedures due to instrumental, sample, or test system failures. Operates and may maintain, under supervision, test equipment and apparatus of moderate complexity. May provide information for initial data interpretation and test system conformance to expectations. Records, compiles and reduces laboratory data in real time in a complete and thorough manner for individual assignments. May produce reports.
1. Ability to stand for long periods of time.
2. Be able to lift a maximum of 40-60 lbs.
3. Be able to work in a freezer (-25oC) for up to 1 hour at a time.
4. Work independently with minimal supervision.
5. Must be able to work with balances, meters, pumps, rotary evaporators, centrifuges, ovens, stir plates, and other standard analytical equipment.
6. Must be able to reach low and high storage areas.
7. Must be able to wash glassware used by the laboratory.
8. Must be able to work with environmental samples like soils, plant parts, animal tissues, and pond water and sediment.
9. Keep organized records.
10. Additional duties as assigned
· Medical Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Life Insurance
· Paid Holidays
· Paid Vacation
B.S. degree in chemistry or related field and 6 months of laboratory experience. In lieu of a degree, 4-5 years of relevant experience in a laboratory setting.